The College of New Jersey

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     

Declare a Major or Minor

Declaration of Major/Second Major

Students wanting to change their major must complete the Change of Major form. The Application for Change of Major must be approved by the Area Coordinator of the discipline being pursued, who initials the application form, and the Department Chair. The application is then submitted through the Art Office.

Add/Drop Major Form

Declaration of Minor

Minors consist of five full courses units (or four full course units plus an approved experience). Only one course taken as a part of the student’s major may also be counted toward the student’s minor.

To apply for a minor, students complete an Add/Drop Major/Minor Form, receive written approval from the Art Department Program Coordinator (discipline of the minor), and subsequent approval of the Art Department Chair.

One-half of the courses required for the minor must be completed at TCNJ. Minors will be recorded along with majors on the student’s transcript.

Add/Drop Minor Form