Professor Kaplowitz has taught since 1963 and currently teaches in the Fine Arts Major specializing in photography as well as coordinating Experiencing Art. He has a BA in Art Education, from Montclair University, an MA in Communications Film and Television, from New York University and an MFA in Studio Art from Rutgers University.
Exhibiting in many media, his works include drawings, photographs, sculpture, and prints and is in numerous museum collections. Professor Kaplowitz has exhibited in the US, Europe and Russia and with over 21 one-person exhibitions including those at The New Jersey State Museum, America House Frankfurt Germany, Johnson and Johnson World Headquarters, Merrill Lynch, The Hunterdon Art Center, and Princeton University. His work is in numerous permanent collections including the New Jersey State Museum, The Hunterdon Art Center and the Mercer County Cultural and Heritage Commission. He has received grants from The College of New Jersey, Frankfurt University, and the New Jersey State Council On The Arts, and has won numerous awards and stipends. Professor Kaplowitz’s works have also been published in two photographic text books, Creative Color Photography and Photographic Possibilities.
- Photo I, Art Photography, Digital Photography, Documentary Photography Drawing, Figure Drawing and Experiencing Art
SELECTED PERMANENT COLLECTIONS
- Fontbonne University, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Museum of the Southwest, Midland, Texas.
- College of Notre Dame of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Montclair State University, Montclair, New Jersey.
- Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- Northwest Cultural Council, Barrington, Illinois.
- Nassau Community College, Garden City, New York.
- Baker Arts Center, Liberal, Kansas.
- Hunterdon Art Museum, Clinton, New Jersey.
- The College of New Jersey. Ewing, New Jersey
- Tarleton State University, Granbury, Texas.
- Printmaking Council of New Jersey, Summerville, New Jersey.
- Temple Dor Tamid, John’s Creek, Georgia.
- The Erie Museum of Art, Erie, PA.
- Southern Illinois University Museum, Carbondale, Illinois.
- Montana Museum of Art and Culture, Missoula, Montana.
- Nicolet College, Rhinelander, Wisconsin.
- Mercer County Culture and Heritage Commission, Mercer County, NJ.
- The Elmhurst Artists’ Guild of the Elmhurst Art Museum, Elmhurst, Illinois.
- New Jersey State Museum, Trenton, New Jersey.
- Johnson and Johnson Corporation, Skillman, New Jersey.
- Seaton Hall University, South Orange, New Jersey.
Office: AIMM 308
Phone: (609) 771-2616